Cinco de Mayo is a special holiday for our iconic Mexican beer brands, as it represents a moment of celebration for consumers and, internally, the start to our summer season. While Cinco may look a little different this year, the entire beer leadership team is proud to say our presence not only continues this year but will likely be a Cinco we won’t forget.
In the face of a challenging environment, teams across the organization came together quickly to revamp months of Cinco de Mayo plans in motion. It is thanks to the team’s agility and collaboration that we were able to create programming adapted to the situation that connects with consumers in new and appropriate ways and meets them where they are.
We encourage consumers to support these initiatives across several touchpoints:
• Corona is encouraging consumers to celebrate Cinco de Mayo from home by ordering in and supporting their favorite restaurants and bars. To make it easier for consumers (and employees) to #CincoAtHome and support their favorite local establishments, Corona has partnered with Postmates offering free delivery in the United States between 10 a.m. and 11:59 p.m. local time. There’s no minimum required, just enter the code CINCOATHOME at checkout.
• A new #CincoAtHome TV spot salutes those in the restaurant industry and highlights Corona’s support for the Restaurant Employee Relief Fund (RERF) through a $1M donation.
• Corona will be featured on Jimmy Kimmel Live! tonight (May 4) on ABC at 11:35 p.m. ET/10:35 p.m. CT. Jimmy and Guillermo will encourage consumers to #CincoAtHome and support restaurant employees along with the brand. We hope you tune in or set your DVRs!
• Corona is also hosting a livestream benefit concert featuring Dillon Francis along with a special guest Diplo, on Tuesday, May 5, at 9 p.m. ET/6 p.m. PT on Twitter (via @LiveNation) and Live from Home, Live Nation’s Virtual Concert Hub. For every viewer that joins the virtual celebration, Corona will donate $1 to RERF, up to $500,000.
• Modelo invites consumers to celebrate from home by grabbing a Modelo or drink of choice and posting their support to the fighting spirit of first responders. For every public post tagged with #CincUp on May 5, Modelo will donate $1 to #FirstRespondersFirst (up to $500K) to provide resources frontline workers need to continue the battle.
• Each year, Constellation rings the closing bell at the NYSE on May 5 to celebrate our beer’s significant presence during Cinco. This year, we are using our NYSE moment to thank our Gold Network distributor and retail partners who are on the front lines, working hard to meet consumers’ needs in this trying time. We will share footage later this week.
Although the Cinco market visits and pub crawls are on hold until next year, we can’t wait for the moment where we are all together again to celebrate this holiday and toast to everyone’s efforts during this unprecedented time. We truly appreciate those on the front lines of our business in sales and operations, doing everything they can to support our business in the safest manner possible. We know this is a challenging time, but we will emerge stronger together. Please continue to stay safe and take care of one another.
Thank you for all you do and let’s raise a toast as we all #CincoAtHome!
-The Constellation Brands Leadership Team