Protecting our customers and employees is our top priority. As you may have heard, 5 of our employees have become victims of the COVID-19 virus. As we continue to modify what we are doing, here are some of the steps we are taking to protect the health of our employees and yours.
- At the end of each warehouse shift, all areas in the warehouse that any employee touches, such as computers and railings, are cleaned and disinfected.
- Delivery personnel are required to disinfect their vehicle at the end of the day and are required to use hand sanitizers between stops.
- All employees are always to maintain a separation between themselves and others of six feet, including during rest and meal breaks, deliveries and store visits.
- Delivery drivers and their helpers ride in separate vehicles.
- Customers are not asked to sign our electronic invoices.
- All warehouse, delivery, and sales personnel are required to wear gloves and are provided with hand sanitizers and glasses.
- All resets have been cancelled.
- Our health care professionals interview any COVID-19 positive employee as well as any employee who has been in close contact with a COVID-19 positive person or who exhibit flu-like symptoms. The interview asks about pre-illness activities and contacts. The health care professionals then inform anyone, whether or not an employee, who should self-isolate. If neither you nor your employees have been contacted, then you and they were not identified as a person at risk.
We thank you for your business and welcome any suggestions you have on how to better protect the health of your employees and ours.